Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: My Super-8 Camera Sounds Like New Again...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your prices and situation may vary. So please lets not judge other quotes based on what I paid.

    My Canon 814XLS that I bought On E-bay needed two things repaired. The power handle had been mucked with and the camera only ran off of an external battery supply.

    Ron did his "point the camera down" trick to show me that the Canon camera fired intermittenly in the time-lapse mode. He explained that this problem needs to be fixed otherwise the camera may not work, then suddenly work....

    U.T. Photo fixed both problems for $175.00

    My Eumig was $140.00 for lubrication. I was told that every super-8 camera is checked on a columnator for focus quality and they can make some lens adjustments.
    Unfortunately Ron went on Vacation so I did not get to talk to him to see if they did anything else to the camera.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By the way, it appears that my Canon 814XLS did not need lubrication. This shocks me because although I don't know the history of the camera, I doubt it has ever been lubricated.

    The camera was lovingly taken care of, but I had the feeling the camera was never brought into a repair shop because of the jury rigging of the camera's power handle.

    I may e-mail the seller and ask. The Eumigs definitely can't go 10 or 20 years without lubrication.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Most Super-8 cameras need to be lubricated periodically. I was quite pleased to get my super-8 camera back from U.T. Photo and it sounded about as good as I have ever heard it sound.

    No doubt the needed lubrication will add years to the life of the motor and the camera.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How much do they do it for? Burbank (it is in Burbank if I'm not mistaken)is just over the hill for me so i might want to do that soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •